An action camera is a waterproof digital camera ,it is small in size, rugged and it is designed for capturing immersive action shots. Action camera allows jumping into an action and becoming part of the adventure to capture photos and videos in a way that an ordinary traditional cameras or smartphones cannot. Action cameras are compact, durable and offer an impressive set of features perfect for a wide array of activities.
An action camera will take abuse and go to places that smartphone or DSLR can not go. They can be mounted to almost anything, including bike, backpack, or even a surfboard in a wild adventure or while you’re hanging on the poolside with the family. With the increased versatility of action cameras like HERO9 Black, any video taken with it will look like a cinematic masterpiece with tools like HyperSmooth which is the built-in electronic image stabilization technology that eliminates shaky footage entirely.
What is Action Camera Protector
Due to the wide and tidious use of action cameras this days, it is now very necessary to get an action camera protector. Action cameras do undergo a lot of abusive uses in capturing intriguing angles and action photos, most times they are installed on helmets, bike grips, automobile bonnets, and bike silencers and thus, they are y are exposed to grime, dust, and screen damages. Even water sources, as well as harsh weather situations that can cause damage.
The use of an action camera protector such as a camera hard case, camera screen protector action camera is capable of significantly extending its longevity.
Importance of Action Camera Protector
It is very important to use necessary accessories that helps to protect the camera’s screen and body. There are three most valuable types of action camera protector available. Below are the most common types:
1) SCREEN PROTECTOR: This is very essential because it helps to protect the action camera screen from abuses such as indentation, scratches, and small object strikes during use.
2) CAMERA CASE: It essential because it’s guards the action camera against shock and any form of vibrations while in use, as well as falls and other mishaps e.g. camera hard case, GoPro protective case
3) WATERPROOF CASE: This is essential because it’s aids to waterproof the camera when used underwater or under the rain. Optionally, a waterproof screen protector can be used.
SCREEN PROTECTORS FOR ACTION CAMERA: ADVANTAGES
Some of the advantages of action camera protectors are:
1. PROTECTION :The action camera’s front and back screen protectors serve to guard the LCD screen from all forms of damages as well as dents, cracks, scrattles while in it’s in use. Featuring maximum protection from high-impact drops, scrattles, scrapes, and bumps. Since most screens are glass resistant to scratch, using an extra protector for the screen gives an extra mode of safety to all device.
Since the camera screen is important because it is one of the primary parts for taking photos and seeing output, the screen must be free from all forms of damages. This stands true for point-and-shoot digital cameras, which lack a viewfinder and rest fully on the LCD screen to compose images.
2. GLAR: A screen protector do not only protects the screen but it also allows one to see the shot that you are trying to frame better. One of the most important functions of glass finishes is light reflection, and this makes it difficult to build up an image under light conditions.
3. PRIVACY: They are some special camera screen protectors that makes the screen unviewable at certain corners and this allows the person holding the camera to only view the photographs. This is important when one needs to check through photos on the camera and not wanting anybody else to see them.
NOTE: The action camera screen protector comprises of a soft and elastic silicone substance that hides the camera’s screen from scratches. A screen cover for most action cameras always arrives in three sets. Each for the front screen, the back screen, and the lens.
EXAMPLE OF SCREEN PROTECTORS FOR ACTION CAMERA
For the action camera equipment to be secured, all of its glassy surfaces must be guarded. The following are examples of screen protectors for action cameras:
i. Zero Tempered Safety Glass Screen Protector Compatible for DJI OSMO Action, Screen Protector Plus 3 Lens Protector, Anti-Scratch Bubble-Free High-Definition (Lifetime Replacement)
ii. Hero 9 Screen Protector for GoPro Hero 9/10 Action Camera; It comes in a black, Ultra Clear Tempered safety Glass Screen Protector with Tempered Glass Lens Protector also Tempered Glass Front LCD Display Film.
iii. Screen Protector for GoPro Hero 8 Action Camera; It has a black Tempered Glass Screen Protector with Tempered Glass Lens Protector and Small Display Film.
iv. Tempered Glass Film 0.3mm High Definition 9H Hardness Screen Protector for DJI Osmo Action Camera (for accessories). Having 2 Sets for back, front, and lens for anti-Scratch, anti-Fingerprint, and anti-Dust.
v. ULTER Tempered Glass Cover 0.3mm 9H Hardness Lens Screen Protector for DJI Action 2 Dual-Screen Combo fit for anti-Scratch, anti-Fingerprint, and anti-Bubble properties
HARD PROTECTIVE CASE FOR ACTION CAMERAS AND OTHER ACCESSORIES
It is true that camera hard cases are getting increasingly important because th he cost of camera gear is high and increases almost every day and any small damage could prevent a photographer from doing his job. Some of the protective case are listed below:
1. The silicone cover: this is another sort of security that may be added to the action camera because it serves to protect the camera from dents and damage while also absorbing some of the shocks and vibrations from the surroundings.Note: There is also a camera hard case and covering that is available to keep the camera secure while traveling.
2. The camera hard case protector: this acts as a full-fledged housing for the action camera equipment. The silicone/rubber composition absorbs shocks from the surroundings and keeps the camera from shattering in moderate falls.Note: It does not directly shield the screen, but it does provide screen edge preservation. The action camera hard case protector also comes with a removable protective cap for the screen, which gives another layer of safety during travel.
3. A sturdy case: this provides the utmost possible security for the action camera. The outer case’s sturdy shell protects the electronics from injury.Note: For a large photograph works, a camera hard case is the best option. It also gives you peace of mind when traveling with all of your photographic equipment.
EXAMPLE OF CAMERA HARD CASE
1. Pelican Air 1525: This is the commonest camera hard case brand for cameras. And their best all-around protective case is the Air 1525 hard case. It’s small, portable, and safeguard your camera equipment
2. 46F Hard Case Vanguard Supreme: This is one of the toughest camera cases available. Although it is a little on the heavy side, all camera equipment is secure and preserved when kept in this sturdy case. Large enough to hold many cameras as well as a variety of camera accessories.
3. Nanuk 935 Carry On Hard Case: This is a sturdy case designed for cameramen on the go. It contains enough space for all mportant photographic equipment. One may also travel without worrying about ruining the gear.A padded divider is inserted in the bag that keeps the camera equipment and the action camera accessories organized and neatly packed. For maximum protection, the inside of the lid contains foam.
The foam inserts may be removed, letting you transport larger, more fragile objects.For simple movement, Nanuk 935 incorporates a two-stage removable handle and wheels on one end. It facilitates movement around airfields and railroad terminus. It’s also relatively light. It’s dustproof and water-repellent.
4. Monoprice Weatherproof Hard Case: This Monoprice hard case is one of the most cost-effective camera cases available. It has a lot of storage space and provides great safety for the camera. It has a soft padding that can be personalized so the parts of camera are exactly measured so there will be no point to be troubled about anything moving in transit when each piece of gear fits snugly. At temperatures as low as -40°C, the Monoprice camera case safeguard your camera equipment. It can also withstand being submerged for more than 30 minutes without leaking.
5. GoPro protective case: This shields the camera from dirt and flying debris during high-intensity action and it’s waterproof to 196 feet (60 meters), making it best for deep-water cameras. They are durable and water-repellent right out of the box, yet this strong casing can take a beating. Its enhanced watertight sealing ring and a tight buckle to effectively prevent water leaking. Note: with the use of GoPro protective case it is easier to capture underwater action up to 60 meters/196 feet deep without fear of leaks, and the shooting effect will remain clear and very vibrant.
Action camera otherwise known as an action cam, is a digital camera that is used to film the action while immersed in it. They usually have burst and time-lapse photo modes, as well as the ability to shoot high-definition videos. To capture your life stories through images, it is usually mounted to either your helmet or chest, the motorcycle or bike handle, or a tripod. The action camera screen protector comprises a soft and elastic silicone substance that protects the camera’s screen from dents and scratches.
They are also oil-resistant and can be easily cleaned, allowing for a clear view of settings and recording playing. A protective case with a raised bezel, as well as a screen and lens protector, are both highly recommended. Scratches, scuffs, and cracks on your cameras can be avoided with either of these methods. When buying a new case, look for one with a higher bezel.