Having a generator is one of the best decision you can make for either domestic or industrial use. Generators are devices that helps in the provision of electrical power when there is an interruption of power supply. It also helps to avoid the disruption of our activities at home, work or anywhere. If you are planning to buy a generator and you would want to know generator price in Nigeria so as to make the right choice, and also, so as to work with your budget.
Generators work based on Faraday’s law of electromagnetic induction thereby converting mechanical energy to electrical energy. this article is of necessity to you as it answers this question in details.
TYPES OF GENERATOR
1. AC (Alternating Current) Generator
As the name implies, this generators are alternators. An alternating current is based on the principle of electromagnetic induction. AC generators are divided into two (2) categories. They are:
- The induction generator.
- The synchronous generator.
The size of an AC generator is small compared to a DC generator. This type of generator is popular and its maintenance is less or even free.
2. DC (Direct Current) Generator
This generator is categorized based on their magnetic field (how the magnetic field is developed in the stator). DC generators are divided into three (3) categories. They are:
- Permanent-magnet generators
- Separately-excite generators
- Self-excited generators
DC generator has lots of advantages compared to the AC generator. Some of which includes:
- It is used for operating large electrical appliances or devices that requires a direct control.
- It is designed plainly.
- It smoothes the output voltage thereby stopping fluctuations.
BRANDS OF GENERATORS IN NIGERIA
There are so many brands of generator in Nigeria. Some of the popular brands includes:
- Tiger generator
- Firman generator
- Honda generator
- Sumec generator
- Thermocool generator
- Mikano generator
- Tigmax generator
- Elapaq generator
- Lutian generator
- Elenax generator
- Sewei generator
- Kipor generator
- Maxi generator
- Parsun generator
- Hyundai generator
- Yamaha generator
- Senci generator
- Sunshow generator
- Jinling generator
- Citizen generator
- Tec generator
- Fuji generator
- Osyeris generator
- Okayama generator
- Elepon generator etc.
GENERATOR PRICE IN NIGERIA BY THEIR BRANDS
There are different generator price in Nigeria to suit your budget. If you are planning to buy a generator then here is a list you can pick from;
1. Generator Price in Nigeria (Tiger)
- Tiger TG950 ranges from 25,000 Naira to 35,000 Naira.
- Tiger TG2700 2KVA ranges from 60,000 Naira to 95,000 Naira.
- Tiger TG1850 1.2KVA is 42,000 Naira
2. Generator Price in Nigeria (Firman)
- Firman 720VA SPG 1200 ranges from 31,000 Naira to 45,000 Naira.
- Firman 2.2KVA ECO 2990S ranges from 75,000 Naira to 89,000 Naira.
- Firman 1.5KVA SPG 2200 ranges from 37,000 Naira to 95,000 Naira.
- Firman 6.1KW ECO 8990ES ranges from 195,000 Naira to 270,000 Naira.
- Firman 7KVA ECO 10990ES ranges from 226,000 Naira to 350,000 Naira.
- Firman 2.7KVA ECO 3990ES ranges from 125,000 Naira to 150,000 Naira.
- Firman 2.2KVA RD2910 ranges from 67,000 Naira to 105,000 Naira.
- Firman 6KVA FPG 8800E2 ranges from 195,000 Naira to 270,000 Naira.
- Firman 2.5KVA SPG 2900E2 is 80,000 Naira.
- Firman 1.2KVA ECO 1990 ranges from 45,000 Naira to 100,000 Naira.
- Firman 5KVA ECO 7990ES is 210,000 Naira.
- Firman 4.3KVA ECO 5990ES ranges from 158,000 Naira to 190,000 Naira.
- Firman 4.3KVA AC6000E2 ranges from 210,000 Naira to 290,000 Naira.
3. Generator Price in Nigeria (Honda)
- Honda 2.0KVA generators (EP2500CX) ranges from 457,000 Naira to 550,000 Naira.
- Honda 2.3KVA generators (EZ3000CX) ranges from 250,000 Naira to 350,000 Naira.
- Honda 2.5KVA generator (FA3000P) ranges from 315,000 Naira to 485,000 Naira.
- Honda 5.5KVA EG6500 ranges from 587,000 Naira to 900,000 Naira.
- Honda 5.5KVA FA6500X ranges from 405,900 Naira to 650,000 Naira.
- Honda EM10000 8KVA ranges from 750,000 Naira to 1,900,000 Naira.
4. Generator Price in Nigeria (Senci)
- Senci 2.5KVA SC4000 ranges from 89,000 Naira to 135,000 Naira.
- Senci 2KVA SC3250 ranges from 70,000 Naira to 105,000 Naira.
- Senci 3.2KVA SC5000 ranges from 110,500 Naira to 175,000 Naira.
- Senci 6.5KVA SC10000 ranges from 180,000 Naira to 295,000 Naira.
- Senci 7.5KVA SC13000 ranges from 195,000 Naira to 350,000 Naira.
- Senci 5KVA SC6000 ranges from 120,000 Naira to 190,000 Naira.
5. Generator Price in Nigeria (Thermocool)
- Thermocool 8.5KVA Generator (Ultimate) ranges from 732,000 Naira to 990,000 Naira.
- Thermocool 6.75KVA Generator (Odogwu Max) ranges from 450,000 Naira to 550,000 Naira.
- Thermocool 7.5KVA Optima 9200RS Remote ranges from 378,000 Naira to 520,000 Naira.
- Thermocool 6.25 KVA Optima 7500 Remote ranges from 345,000 Naira to 455,000 Naira.
- Thermocool 6.0 KVA Generator (Igwe) ranges from 285,500 Naira to 410,000 Naira.
- Thermocool 5.0KVA Generator (Oga) ranges from 295,500 Naira to 370,000 Naira.
- Thermocool 4.0KVA Generators (Big Boy) ranges from 230,900 Naira to 320,000 Naira.
- Thermocool 3.0KVA Generator (Hustler) ranges from 138,000 Naira to 190,000 Naira.
- Thermocool 3.5KVA Generator (Hustler Max) ranges from 120,900 Naira to 170,000 Naira.
- Thermocool 4.1KVA Generator (Hustler 3800ES) ranges from 148,000 Naira to 210,000 Naira.
- Thermocool 2.5KVA Generator (Bobo Max) ranges from 182,000 Naira to 280,000 Naira.
- Thermocool 2.2KVA Generator (Captain) ranges from 113,000 Naira to 145,000 Naira.
- Thermocool 2.0KVA Generator (Bobo Manual) ranges from 85,700 Naira to 115,000 Naira.
- Thermocool 1.25KVA Generator (Junior) ranges from 72,000 Naira to 95,000 Naira.
- Thermocool 1KVA Generator (Smallie) ranges from 50,800 Naira to 75,000 Naira.
6. Generator Price in Nigeria (Mikano)
- Mikano 9KVA ranges from 1,900,000 Naira to 2,900,000 Naira.
- Mikano 10KVA ranges from 2,550,000 Naira to 3,100,000 Naira.
- Mikano 13KVA ranges from 2,400,000 Naira to 2,950,000 Naira.
- Mikano 30KVA ranges from 5,900,000 Naira to 8,100,000 Naira.
- Mikano 40KVA ranges from 7,000,000 Naira to 9,500,000 Naira.
- Mikano 50KVA ranges from 7,200,000 Naira to 10,000,000 Naira.
- Mikano 60KVA ranges from 8,500,000 Naira to 11,270,000 Naira.
- Mikano 80KVA ranges from 12,900,000 Naira to 15,150,000 Naira.
- Mikano 100KVA ranges from 15,900,000 Naira to 20,400,000 Naira.
7. Generator Price in Nigeria (Tigmax)
- Tigmax 2.1KVA TH2900DX ranges from 75,000 Naira to 135,000 Naira.
- Tigmax 2.5KVA TH3500DX ranges from 57,000 Naira to 95,000 Naira.
- Tigmax 3.5KVA TG5200E2 ranges from 69,500 Naira to 105,000 Naira.
8. Generator Price in Nigeria (Elepaq)
- Elepaq 2.2KVA SV2900 ranges from 58,000 Naira to 75,000 Naira.
- Elepaq 2.2KVA EC3000CX ranges from 84,000 Naira to 90,000 Naira.
- Elepaq 10KVA SV15000E2 ranges from 198,000 Naira to 220,000 Naira.
- Elepaq 7.5KVA EC15000CXS ranges from 195,000 Naira to 220,000 Naira.
- Elepaq 1.3KVA SV2200 ranges from 40,800 Naira to 65,000 Naira.
- Elepaq 1.3KVA SV3200 range from 34,000 Naira to 45,000 Naira.
- Elepaq 1.2KVA ECO 2200S ranges from 35,000 Naira to 43,000 Naira.
- Elepaq 1.4GHz ECO 1990S ranges from 65,000 Naira to 73,000 Naira.
- Elepaq 2.8KVA ECO 4990ES ranges from 71,500 Naira to 85,000 Naira.
- Elepaq 3KVA SV5500 ranges from 78,000 Naira to 87,000 Naira.
- Elepaq 3KVA EC5200 ranges from 48,000 Naira to 79,000 Naira.
- Elepaq 4.2KVA SV6500 ranges from 58,500 Naira to 69,000 Naira.
- Elepaq 4.2KVA SV6800E2 ranges from 69,400 Naira to 80,000 Naira.
- Elepaq 4.2KVA SV7500E2 ranges from 69,000 Naira to 77,000 Naira.
- Elepaq 10KVA SV20000E ranges from 166,500 Naira to 210,000 Naira.
- Elepaq 5.5KVA EC6500 ranges from 176,000 Naira to 195,000 Naira.
- Elepaq 9KVA SV22000E2 ranges from 185,000 Naira to 230,000 Naira.
9. Generator Price in Nigeria (Sumec Firman)
- Sumec Firman SPG 950 ranges from 25,000 Naira to 35,000 Naira.
- Sumec Firman SPG 1800 ranges from ,000 Naira to 75,000 Naira.
- Sumec Firman SPG 2500 ranges from 68,000 Naira to 95,000 Naira.
- Sumec Firman SPG 3000 2.5KVA ranges from 75,000 Naira to 115,000 Naira.
- Sumec Firman SPG 3000E1 2.5KVA (key start) ranges from 80,000 Naira to 115,000 Naira.
- Sumec Firman SPG 3000E2 2.5KVA (key start & wheels) ranges from 170,000 Naira to 190,000 Naira.
- Sumec Firman SPG 3800E2 2.8KVA ranges from 130,000 Naira to 200,000 Naira.
- Sumec Firman 6.0KVA generators ranges from ,000 Naira to 430,000 Naira.
10. Generator Price in Nigeria (Lutian)
- Lutian 3.2KVA LT3990E ranges from 77,500 Naira to 105,000 Naira
- Lutian 2.5KVA LT2500 ranges from 70,000 Naira to 120,000 Naira.
- Lutian 7.5KVA LT8000 ranges from 218,000 Naira to 310,000 Naira.
- Lutian 3.2KVA LT3600E ranges from 75,000 Naira to 95,000 Naira.
- Lutian 6.3kVA LT7990E ranges from193,000 Naira to 245,000 Naira.
- Lutian 2.7KVA 36100 ranges from 73,000 Naira to 115,000 Naira.
- Lutian 1KVA LT1800 ranges from 39,000 Naira to 75,000 Naira.
- Lutian 8.8KVA LT109 ranges from 260,000 Naira to 300,000 Naira.
- Lutian 5.5KVA 5GF-LDEX (Super Silent Diesel Generator) ranges from 350,000 Naira to 450,000 Naira
- Lutian 5.5KVA 5GF-LDE (Super Silent Diesel Generator) ranges from 345,000 Naira to 450,000 Naira.
11. Generator Price in Nigeria (Elemax)
- Elemax 5.6KVA SH7600EX ranges from 555,000 Naira to 650,000 Naira.
- Elemax 3.8KVA SH5300EX ranges from 400,000 Naira to 550,000 Naira.
- Elemax 3.2KVA SH4600EX ranges 185,000N185 Naira.
- Elemax 2.8KVA SH3900EX ranges to 288,000 Naira to 310,000 Naira.
- Elemax 2.2KVA SH3200EX 239,000 Naira to 285,000 Naira.
- Elemax 2KVA SV280 ranges from 193,000 Naira to 250,000 Naira.
- Elemax 8.5KVA SH11000 ranges from 1,390,000 Naira to 1,900,000 Naira.
- Elemax 20KVA Diesel SHT25D is 3,350,000 Naira.
- Elemax 14KVA Diesel SHT15D is 2,950,000 Naira.
12. Generator Price in Nigeria (Senwei)
- Senwei 4.2KVA SV6200E2 ranges from 90,600 Naira to 145,000 Naira.
- Senwei 3.5KVA SV5200 ranges from 72,000 Naira to 125,000 Naira.
- Senwei 10KVA SV25000E2 ranges from 235,000 Naira to 325,000 Naira
13. Generator Price in Nigeria (Kipor)
- Kipor 10KVA (3-Phase Soundproof) ranges from 1,600,000 Naira to 2,950,000 Naira.
- Kipor 4.5KVA KDE7000T ranges from 385,000 Naira to 550,000 Naira.
- Kipor 17.8KVA KDE23S3 (3-Phase Soundproof) ranges from 2,620,000 Naira to 4,650,000 Naira.
14. Generator Price in Nigeria (Maxi)
- Maxi 2KVA B20M ranges from 80,000 Naira to 135,000 Naira.
- Maxi 2.5KVA B25K ranges from 104,000 Naira to 195,000 Naira.
- Maxi 3.3KVA E33K ranges from 105,000 Naira to 185,000 Naira.
- Maxi 5KVA E50K ranges from 165,000 Naira to 255,000 Naira.
- Maxi 8KVA E80K ranges from 202,000 Naira to 355,000 Naira.
- Maxi 7.5KVA EK75 (with wheel) ranges from 202,500 Naira to 295,000 Naira.
- Maxi 6.5KVA E65 (with wheel) ranges from 179,000 Naira to 255,000 Naira.
15. Generator Price in Nigeria (Parsun)
- Parsun 2.3KVA PS3200DX ranges from 74,000 Naira to 115,000 Naira
- Parsun 2.3KVA PS3650DX ranges from 95,000 Naira to 125,000 Naira
16. Generator Price in Nigeria (Hyundai)
- Hyundai 9KVA Diesel Sound-Proof generators is 1,500,000 Naira
- Hyundai 15KVA Diesel Sound-Proof generators is 1,900,000 Naira
- Hyundai 8.5KVA generators is 295,000 Naira
- Hyundai 4.5KVA Diesel generators is 225,000 Naira
- Hyundai 3.5KVA Diesel generators is 165,000 Naira
- Hyundai 5.5KVA generators is 130,000 Naira
- Hyundai 2.5KVA generators is 68,000 Naira
- Hyundai 2.2KVA generators is 95,500 Naira.
17. Generator Price in Nigeria (Yamaha)
- Yamaha 2KVA EF2600E ranges from 199,000 Naira to 280,000 Naira.
- Yamaha 5KVA EF7200E ranges from 455,000 Naira to 530,000 Naira.
WHAT DETERMINES THE PRICE OF A GENERATOR
There are various factors that determines the price of a generator.
1. Type: Depending on the type of generator; diesel, fuel, electric, the price tends to differ.
2. Brand: Different brand inventors come up with their different prices due to the quality of their inventions. This determines the price of generators.
3. Alloy Used: The alloy used make the operation of the generator different and this also makes the price different.
4. Starter Used: Generators are designed in different ways and this includes the design of the starter. The starter of a generator could either be normal or electric. This leads to a difference in price as one is easier to use than the other.
5. Engine Capacity: The engine capacity of some generators are different depending on what you want to use it for, could be for personal (domestic) use or for industrial use. The larger the engine capacity the higher the price.
BENEFITS OF HAVING A GENERATOR
- It helps you maintain safety during an emergency.
- It helps you operate your televisions, computer and other electrical appliances.
- It protects your house from voltage fluctuations.
- It helps to give power when PHCN interrupts power supply.
- It is safe and easy to use.
- It prevents interruption of business operations.
Almost everybody plans on buying a generator to free themselves from the disappointment of power supply interruption while they are carrying out their activities. However, they try to know the different prices so as to choose which would suit their budget. In this article, we trust you have gotten to know varieties of brands and prices to choose from.